Wednesday 10 August 2011

Colour blocking tweed

I really want a fitted tweed jacket but I'm not into the English heritage look, all horsiness and functional. Tweed is such a lovely  tactile and natural fabric, I think it's a shame to consign it to being a stuffy historical material. I want something more vibrant and quirky from my tweed, which is hard to find out there. Proenza-Schouler had amazing neon tweeds for Spring/Summer but I'd like something to bring me into Autumn.


Bright tweed summer dresses from Proenza-Schouler

Paul Costelloe and Libertine are two of the few designer houses giving us beautiful bright tweeds for Autumn/Winter 2011. And Paul Costelloe's tweed was sourced in Tipperary!

Libertine A/W 2011. Such juicy colours!

Libertine A/W 2011

Paul Costelloe A/W 2011

Paul Costelloe A/W 2011

Paul Costelloe A/W 2011 -I think this is his daughter!

ASOS have some beautifully colourful House of Holland tweed pieces. I want this dress! Colour blocking and tweed in one gorgeous frock.


House of Holland £295 on ASOS
I can't find anything affordable on my usual Ebay, ASOS or highstreet shops so off to do some vintage trawls for quirky 50s and 60s tweed...............

No comments:

Post a Comment