Friday 8 July 2011

Too old for Oxegen

I am as big a music fan as the next person and there are quite a few bands I love playing Oxegen this weekend but I am soooooo glad I'm not there tonight!



I'm lying on the sofa, with a glass of wine and a Twirl, I'm warm and dry and will tip off to bed in an hour or so where I will actually be able to sleep! Nobody will drunkenly stand on my head. I will not wake up shivering at 5am with a wet tent stuck to the side of my head thinking the world has ended. Nobody will keep me awake til 8am singing Coldplay very badly (Is there an ok version of a Coldplay song?). I may also wake up with a hangover but I will have full access to showers/cups of tea/hairdryers/clean things.

No food is this nice. I have no patience.
Actually quite a challenge to set wet tents on fire. Bear Gryllis are you taking notes?

 Ok I am officially old. But I don't care dammit! I need never darken the door of a Portaloo again!

4 comments:

  1. I'm with ya on this. Pure granny! Have done my festival time, now I'll stick to being cosy away from drunken muddy people. Might try one of the small festivals locally if the weathers nice and just do one night camping or something though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Loladee, I also much prefer the smaller festivals with real toilets and usually better music. Would love to hire a camper van to go though, with me tents always seem to have earwigs in them...and weirdos outside them...!
    Ameliaranne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya! Oxegen is the best thing since sliced bread when you're 17.
    Now however, I think I'd prefer not to suffer the horribleness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true Aoife, I think 17 might be the prime age for Oxegen alright, I'd feel like a pensioner there now.

    ReplyDelete