Monday 9 May 2011

Beading brilliant!

Embellished neck lines and shoulders are a big look for 2011 with both Spring /Summer and pre-fall collections revealing beautifully detailed pieces, both blingy luxe pieces and more tribal inspired looks.

Heidi Klum in Gucci pre-Fall 2011



Alexander McQueenResort 2011

Phillip Lim Spring 2011 embellished bib
Some more affordable options:

ASOS crop top €78.72 great length to wear over a maxi-dress to dress it up.
I'm following Dominique on http://www.devilishlystylish.blogspot.com/ who has promised to post a studding tutorial, I have so many ideas for that once she provides the know-how!


Vero Moda dress €36.74 ASOS

 
Beaded Leaf top from Dandyrions on Etsy €62

Ted Baker dress €234.85 ASOS

Embellished Topshop dress-sold out-try Ebay...

And the DIY section!: I have another two crafty projects a-brewing at the minute and I'm hoping this post will lead to one of them reaching fruition. My sister gave me a black dress which is a great shape and fits me well but has a very small round neck and so looks a little dull. A peter pan collar could work with it but the shape of the dress may not work so well with that so I went hunting for some embellishment to make this dress more interesting. I think this piece from Paviapavia on Etsy will work really well.

Beaded yoke from Paviapavia on Etsy. €3.54!!! And postage is also cheap.
Another from same seller, she has hundreds of these. This one is €3!
Epaulet by Ampeefyed on Etsy €19.94

Velvet Goldmine inspired shoulder piece €17.79 from thetruthaboutlucy on Etsy €17.79
Metallic collar €2 from MarynotMartha on Etsy, this shop is full of amazing lace applique collars and beaded pieces, check it out!
Hope you're as inspired as I am, I'm off to get my needle and thread out...

No comments:

Post a Comment