Saturday 21 May 2011

Stripe heaven

I am addicted to stripes, my preference being white and black. I quite like the Beetlejuice look! Stripes and strong blocks of colour are all over the catwalks for this spring/summer, especially in the Prada and Moschino collections. There's something very chirpy and summery about hot pink with stripes too, I love it with orange or bright green.
Some designer striped offerings...

Fendi Spring Collection leather-look skirt

Prada Spring 2011 stripes, i love the 3rd dress

Moschino Spring 2011

Michale Kors sold-out ladder dress €1,259. Great length

Balmain sequin trousers €3,759! http://www.netaporter.com/
J.Crew studded jumper €346 http://www.outnet.com/. I'm still looking for a studding project, don't think I have enough for this but it's a possibility...
ASOS have lots of beautiful striped things. I always gravitate towards black and white, it's more 1960s than other colour combinations and I loves my sixties.

ASOS collarless mac €96 - I want this!

ASOS stripe bow detail jumper €44.75. Cute, no?

ASOS floppy '70s hat €32, also available in orange

ASOS cream &navy Peter Pan collar dress. Isn't this gorgeous? Sculptural detail, peter pan collar but quirky.


ASOS Parka €38.46. Very cute. And let's face it, we do need summer macs.
 Lots of stripes to be seen on the highstreet too, too many to list, Topshop, Mango, H&M, Pull and Bear amongst others....

Stradivarius striped dress €29.95, very seventies, I like..

Topshop multi-stripe top £18

Monsoon Fusion Ellis sequin top £35

I know horizontal stripes are sometimes not a curvy girls's best friend but life's too short to deprive yourself lovely clothes on those grounds surely? Go with vertical stripes or downward V-striped/chevron stripes for an elongating and more complimentary look if you're a little nervous of the horizontal.

No comments:

Post a Comment