Monday 9 May 2011

New and improved Peter Pan

The peter pan collar has been around for quite some time now, Ms. Alexa Chung being one of the first to sport it, but they are apparently a big look for Fall/Autumn 2011, with Prada, Louis Vuitton and Miu Miu amongst others featuring them heavily in their Fall collections.
 My obsession with the 60s means I've tried them before but I'm not a very girly girl and the very pretty dainty 60s look does not really suit me. However Prada and Louis Vuitton have taken a  new edgier take on this look and matched their collars with more tailored, less floaty clothing and also leather and black lace which might sit a little better with the rest of my wardrobe.

Prada Fall 2011 collection

Louis Vuitton 2011 Fall Collection
There's quite a lot of these collars on the highstreet but I'm looking for edgier looking options to reflect this new less-cutesy look, ASOS have some great pieces......


ASOS mesh dress €59 great edgy take on the look

Great vibrant colour ASOS €35
ASOS Petite dress €52. Love this sculptured look.
 And the DIY option!:
Leather collar ASOS €19.68

Vintage 1950s collar from lactoseintolerart on Etsy €22
 I know this is back to the original dainty look but something about the sheen on these pearls reminds me of ball bearings?
Reversible collar, I'd wear the tartan side out! From hellostrumpet on Etsy €17

ASOS and Etsy have a good selection of attachable lace collars, If I don't end up buying the leather collar above I will be looking for a black crochet or lace collar maybe with a more jagged edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment